UNIDEN BCD996XT Quick Keys

BCD996XT Quick Keys

Hello all.....I have a quick question about accessing the syste quick keys and quick keys within a group....First off, the system quick keys after 0-9......How do you access them after 0? Obviously I know how to do 0-9....You just hit the approprate number for that system you program for that key(i.e. Omaha is set for 0, so when I am ready to listen to Omaha, I just hit 0 to add it to my active scan list, and vice versa when I am ready to turn it off....But I do not know how to access any systems after 9. If someone with the knowledge can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, how to access a quick key for a certain group within a system.
I have several groups in my "rural" system that covers all the conventional frequency counties surrounding my area, and also some of my 800 mghz systems that have multiple groups in them(i.e. Omaha again...I have one group set up as Police, and one group set up as Fire, and one set up as Douglas Co. Sheriff and one more as Douglas Co. Fire...) The way it is now, once I hit the quick key 0, I hear everything within that system(city and county)....But I am only in the city of Omaha(Nebraska for anyone wondering) most of the time and really don't care to listen to county stuff, but I went ahead when I programmed the system to add the county stuff for the very few times I end up outside city limits for work and want to hear county too.....so I just programmed everything for that system....But I mainly want to just hear the city PD/FD, so how do I access or de-access those groups within a system? I know how to program them.....I use ARC-XT and I can assign a quick key # during programming and setup, I just don't know how to actually use them from the scanner as a quick key for systems after 0, nor do I know how to use a group quick key at all, so any help would be greatly appreciated.


Answer::
To get to Quick Keys greater than 9 push the ". no" button then the numbers you want. .12 or .23 eTc.

To access the Groups push the Function button then the number.

Press 0-9 to toggle single-digit system/site/search quick keys on or off in Scan Mode.
Press then 0-9 to toggle group quick keys on or off in Scan Mode.

Understanding Quick Keys
There are 100 'System/Site/Search Quick Keys' (0-99) and 10 'Group Quick Keys' (0-9).

'Quick Keys' are used to turn conventional systems, trunking sites (not systems), channel groups, and custom/service searches on and off while scanning. This is not the same as locking out or unlocking systems/sites/groups/searches (which you can also do). They are just the number keys on the scanner but once assigned to systems/sites/groups/searches they become the 'Quick Key's. You can program one or more system/site/group/search to any quick key or, program one or more system/site/group/search with no quick key. Any conventional system, Close Call system, trunked site, group, service search, custom search, or 'Quick Save' system/group not assigned to a quick key (and/or not locked out) will be scanned.

My advice is to assign all systems, sites, or groups you may want to turn on or off to quick keys and use lockouts only for channels. You don’t need to assign quick keys to anything that you always want to scan. There are no indicators in the display showing systems/sites/groups with no quick.

Uniden Bearcat
Uniden Quick Keys Revisited



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

A discussion group about this subject.

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO
****** share this with others *******


Radio Scanners - Uniden / Whistler
https://groups.io/g/Scanners

The purpose of this group is for discussing scanner and scanner frequencies, such as police, fire, rail, and aviation! Mods, Modification and hacks.

https://groups.io/g/Scanners

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.